Friday, May 25, 2012

This week in science #14

       This week in science we worked in groups to talk about HIPPO. HIPPO stands for a group of words and its not talking about the animal hippo. the H in hippo stands for habitat lost because when people cut down trees and kill animals habit oso they can build more things. . The I stands for introducing species because sometimes species get messed around. The P stands for pollution which is causes by many different things like too much trash or too many things being throw on the floor and it ends up on our shores and oceans. The second P stands for population growth which happens when there is an over population. Lastly the O stands for over consumption which happens when theres too many people or animals in one place. We made posters about different oil and gas groups.
       This week is science I learned about many different things. I leaned more about different gases and oils and how to work together in a group with different people. I learned more about HIPPO which i had never learned about before. Also I learned that many animals live in tight situations because there is over consumption which makes it harder for animals to find food. So the fight for survival is even harder.  I learned more about dangerous animals who might be hurting our environment without knowing. lastly the posters that we did really helped me learned more about what I have no idea even excited before.I learned more about the different environments and how each one affects our planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment